What is a cookie?
You can find general information about cookies and the law on electronic communication on the website of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet) and their official website.
Types of Cookies We Use
● Session Cookies: To enable certain functions on Garphyttan.dk or our other websites, such as displaying the right website for the right person, the website uses "session cookies." When you visit one of our websites, our web servers provide your computer with a unique ID number for the unique visit. These cookies have no expiration date and are temporarily stored in the user's computer memory until the browser is closed.
● Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie has a specific duration, or lifetime, that determines how long it is stored on your computer or mobile device. Such cookies are stored until their lifetime expires or until you manually delete them.
● Third-Party Cookies: A third-party cookie is a cookie placed on your device on our behalf by someone other than us. This occurs when we have vendors who provide services for us, such as analytics services or services that allow you to share our pages on social media.
You can adjust cookie settings in your browser.
How to Avoid Cookies?
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can either block all cookies, delete existing cookies from your computer, or configure your computer to provide a warning before cookies are stored.
To delete Cookies:
● Safari: You can delete cookies by clicking on the tools button -> Settings -> Security -> click on "Show Cookies." Here, you can either delete cookies from a single domain or delete all cookies. To block cookies, click on the tools button -> Settings -> Security -> under "Accept Cookies," select "never."
● Google Chrome: You can delete cookies by clicking on the tools button -> Tools -> Clear browsing data -> Delete cookies and other site data -> Clear browsing data. To block cookies, click on the tools button -> Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Content Settings -> click on "Block all sites from storing data" and select "Block third-party cookies and site data" -> OK.
● Internet Explorer: You can delete cookies by going to Tools -> Internet Options -> General tab -> click on Delete -> Cookies -> Delete. To block cookies, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Move the slider to the top to block all cookies. Click OK.
● Firefox: You can delete cookies by going to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> and deleting individual cookies or clearing your history. To block cookies, go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> under History, select "Use custom settings for history" -> and uncheck "Always use private browsing mode" and deselect "Accept cookies from pages."
How to Avoid Cookies?
What Cookies Do We Use?
This website uses various types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third-party services displayed on our pages.
Cookies are small text files that websites can use to make a user's experience more efficient.